Limited Liquor Licence Information

Limited Licence – under the Liquor Licensing Act 1997

Do I need a limited licence?

Refer to the Limited Licence Information Sheet on the Consumer and Business Services website.

How do I obtain a liquor licence?


  1. Applicant to complete a Limited Licence Application form.
    These forms are available in hard copy format from the Council office (Civic Centre) display board or downloaded from the Consumer and Business Services website.
    (Or your application can be lodged electronically – refer to note below)
  2. On completion of the form applicant to take the application form to the local Police Station for signature & stamping.
  3. Applicant to return the application form to the Council Office to enable a Council support letter to be prepared.
  4. Once the application has been approved by Council Officers and the support letter completed, the applicant will be contacted for collection of these documents.
  5. Applicant to then forward their original application and Council’s support letter, with the required fee, to Consumer & Business Services, GPO Box 2169, Adelaide, 5001.

Note: Applications for limited licences can also be lodged online on the Consumer and Business Services website. A Council support letter will also be required. In this regard a copy of the online application will need to be provided to Council Officers to enable the support letter to be completed and forwarded the Consumer & Business Services.